المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : The Road Not Taken

Badr Alraddad
14-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Hi Everybody
كيف حال الجميع؟

صراحة اشتقت لكم واود ان اقدم اعتذاري عن الغياب خلال الايام الماضية :115: ( اختبارات نهائية ):14: :36_14_3: لكن الحمدلله انتهيت :110: :marsa27:

ثانيا هذي قصيدة اعجبتني ومعروفة لدى طلاب اللغة الانجليزية لانها تحكي عن الخيارات الصعبة في الحياة
عاد ماطول عليكم :marsa97:
اترككم مع القصيدة

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

The literal meaning of this poem by Robert Frost is pretty obvious. A traveler comes to a fork in the road and needs to decide which way to go to continue his journey. After much mental debate, the traveler picks the road "less traveled by."
The figurative meaning is not too hidden either. The poem describes the tuogh choices people stand for when traveling the road of life. The words "sorry" and "sigh" make the tone of poem somewhat gloomy. The traveler regrets leaves the possibilities of the road not chosen behind. He realizes he probably won't pass this way again.

The speaker stands in the woods, considering a fork in the road. Both ways are equally worn and equally overlaid with un-trodden leaves. The speaker chooses one, telling himself that he will take the other another day. Yet he knows it is unlikely that he will have the opportunity to do so. And he admits that someday in the future he will recreate the scene with a slight twist: He will claim that he took the less-traveled road.

"The Road Not Taken" consists of four stanzas of five lines. The rhyme scheme is ABAAB; the rhymes are strict and masculine, with the notable exception of the last line (we do not usually stress the -ence of difference). There are four stressed syllables per line, varying on an iambic tetrameter base.

Commentary
This has got to be among the best-known, most-often-misunderstood poems on the planet. Several generations of careless readers have turned it into a piece of Hallmark happy-graduation-son, seize-the-future puffery. Cursed with a perfect marriage of form and content, arresting phrase wrought from simple words, and resonant metaphor, it seems as if "The Road Not Taken" gets memorized without really being read. For this it has died the cliché's un-death of trivial immortality.
But you yourself can resurrect it from zombie-hood by reading it--not with imagination, even, but simply with accuracy. Of the two roads the speaker says "the passing there / Had worn them really about the same." In fact, both roads "that morning lay / In leaves no step had trodden black." Meaning: Neither of the roads is less traveled by. These are the facts; we cannot justifiably ignore the reverberations they send through the easy aphorisms of the last two stanzas.
One of the attractions of the poem is its archetypal dilemma, one that we instantly recognize because each of us encounters it innumerable times, both literally and figuratively. Paths in the woods and forks in roads are ancient and deep-seated metaphors for the lifeline, its crises and decisions. Identical forks, in particular, symbolize for us the nexus of free will and fate: We are free to choose, but we do not really know beforehand what we are choosing between. Our route is, thus, determined by an accretion of choice and chance, and it is impossible to separate the two.
This poem does not advise. It does not say, "When you come to a fork in the road, study the footprints and take the road less traveled by" (or even, as Yogi Berra enigmatically quipped, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"). Frost's focus is more complicated. First, there is no less-traveled road in this poem; it isn't even an option. Next, the poem seems more concerned with the question of how the concrete present (yellow woods, grassy roads covered in fallen leaves) will look from a future vantage point.
The ironic tone is inescapable: "I shall be telling this with a sigh / Somewhere ages and ages hence." The speaker anticipates his own future insincerity--his need, later on in life, to rearrange the facts and inject a dose of Lone Ranger into the account. He knows that he will be inaccurate, at best, or hypocritical, at worst, when he holds his life up as an example. In fact, he predicts that his future self will betray this moment of decision as if the betrayal were inevitable. This realization is ironic and poignantly pathetic. But the "sigh" is critical. The speaker will not, in his old age, merely gather the youth about him and say, "Do what I did, kiddies. I stuck to my guns, took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Rather, he may say this, but he will sigh first; for he won't believe it himself. Somewhere in the back of his mind will remain the image of yellow woods and two equally leafy paths.
Ironic as it is, this is also a poem infused with the anticipation of remorse. Its title is not "The Road Less Traveled" but "The Road Not Taken." Even as he makes a choice (a choice he is forced to make if does not want to stand forever in the woods, one for which he has no real guide or definitive basis for decision-making), the speaker knows that he will second-guess himself somewhere down the line--or at the very least he will wonder at what is irrevocably lost: the impossible, unknowable Other Path. But the nature of the decision is such that there is no Right Path--just the chosen path and the other path. What are sighed for ages and ages hence are not so much the wrong decisions as the moments of decision themselves--moments that, one atop the other, mark the passing of a life. This is the more primal strain of remorse.
Thus, to add a further level of irony, the theme of the poem may, after all, be "seize the day." But a more nuanced carpe diem, if you please.

That's all folks:122:
Enjoy It !!:35:

Badr Alraddad
07-07-2007, 08:09 AM
30 مشاهدة

ولا رد واحد
؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟ ؟؟؟؟
يؤيؤيؤيؤيؤيؤيؤيؤيؤيؤ

Lass
07-07-2007, 05:30 PM
هلا فيك اخوي بـدر ..

.. بويـم جميـلة واللـه ..

لكـن ماقريت الشرح .. عشان ماأكتئب واتذكر الكليـة .. :D

يعطيك العافيـة وماقصرت

Try To Reach
07-07-2007, 06:58 PM
اهلا بعودتك يا بدر ,,

والف شكر ع الموضوع اخوي ,,

اعذرنا ع القصور ,,

بارك الله فيك ,,

Badr Alraddad
08-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Lass--Try to Reach
مشكورين على المرور
وتنوير متصفحي بنوركم

دمتم بود

ميس
10-07-2007, 06:01 AM
عوداً أحمداً بإذن الله
لك من الشكر أجزله
ومن التقدير أوفره
وسنكون بانتظار جديدك اخي

Abo Lama
12-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Badr Alraddad

welcome back dear brother

thanx alot

keep on plz

nosa
18-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Badr Alraddad

welcome back dear brother

thanx alot

keep on plz

The Best Regards

a girl
18-07-2007, 02:56 PM
blessing efforts dear
اتمنى يستفيدو منه الاعضاء
سلمت يداك وجعله الله في ميزان حسناتك...

فتاة القمر
03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
قصيدة جدا رائعة و تمس واقعنا بشكل كبير والاروع منها هو التحليل الرائع للقصيدة . طبعا تختلف التحليلات بإختلاف قراء القصيدية وكل على حسب فهمه لها لكن ينبغي مراعاة المعنى العام ومغزى الشاعر من القصيدة
احسنت واجدت في التحليل اخي الكريم و الف شكر على المشاركة الرائعة .:1 (123):

cofame
09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
قصيدة معبرة وتناسب حال الكثيرين مشكور أخوي على الموضوع.

LOOOLEE
16-09-2007, 10:08 PM
القصيده حلوووه يسلمووو بدر

Badr Alraddad
17-09-2007, 04:02 PM
شكرا لكم احبتي على المرور
اثلجتم صدري بتعليقاتكم

انتظروني فالقادم احلى

See you soon

$$عــمــار$$
17-09-2007, 04:07 PM
مشكور اخوي بدر ما قصرت