الموضوع: Can anyone help me

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية hjz20
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Can anyone help me

[align=left]Can anyone help me about this assignment

Briefly distinguish between Mystery (Miracle) and Morality plays.

necessary Ok[/center]

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مشاركة: Can anyone help me

[align=left]After this short effort, I want you to accept me as a friend.

The mystery cycles were staged annually, the presentation occurring on the two or three days
    preceding the feast of Corpus Christi. Several systems for staging the mystery plays are known. In some locations, the plays were staged outside of town in a "round," a construction of circular earthworks. The major scenes were played on scaffolding erected at various locations around the circle; these platforms contained rather generic sets--a palace, a cottage, a hell's mouth, etc.--which could be used for any play that required that location. The players stood on the platforms or on the ground in front of them (the platea), while the audience stood in the center of the round or sat on the banks in the empty spaces between the scaffolding. A drawing for the staging of an early fifteenth-century morality play, The Castle of Perseverance, illustrates this type of staging. Another scheme, an example of which is provided by the sixteenth-century Valenciennes Passion Play, would place a series of similarly generic settings in a row, with players moving to the appropriate area for each play and, again, utilizing the space in front of the platforms as well. Note that the staging possibilities include upper levels, where God might appear in the heavens, and a boat sailing on what seems to be a pond of water (see more on special effects below). The use of pageant wagons, however, is the staging most commonly associated with the mystery plays. Each wagon contained the set for a play or plays (again, a palace might be used for any play which required one). Some plays require multiple locations, in which case more than one wagon may have been used. They were paraded through the streets at the beginning of the festival and then located at points around town, quite possibly around the town square, or in a "round" or open space suitable for the production. The audience could shift its focus from pageant to pageant as the cycle of plays unfolded. Alternately, the wagons may have been moved into place as required for the various plays

Morality Play is an exquisite work that captivates by its power, while opening up the distant past as new to the reader.
    "Morality Play is a bravura performance. . . . The novel is a thought-provoking comedy on the eternal sameness of disaster and the recurrent uses we put it to in art. On the way we toy with morality and also play our way to the truth."—Janet Burroway, New York Times Book Review
    "Morality Play is a book of subtlety, compassion, and skill, and it confirms Barry Unsworths position as a master craftsman of contemporary British fiction."—Charles Nicholl, Los Angeles Times Book Review
    any other questions? [/center]

انجليزي مبدع الصورة الرمزية Instigator
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    الدولة
    Riyadh
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    It is moved to this forum in the hope
    .of getting more help form others

My sencer regards
    .Instigator; English Club Suoervisor
    If things do not turn as we wish, we
    .should wish for them as they turn out

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية hjz20
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مشاركة: Can anyone help me

thank u
    Mr. Userper
    for
    this
    thank u
    agian

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Can anyone help me finding me a native speaker as a friend ?
    بواسطة majed في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 19
    آخر مشاركة: 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
  2. Don't Hurt Anyone !
    بواسطة like Moon في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 21
    آخر مشاركة: 18-07-2007, 12:21 PM

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات