شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية ACME
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2009
    الدولة
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Sm121 Aesop's Fables

What are Fables?
    Fables are short stories which illustrate a particular moral and teach a lesson to children and kids. The theme and characters appeal to children and the stories are often humorous and entertaining for kids of all ages. Fables can also be described as tales or yarns which have a message in their narrative such as a parable might have. Fables can often pass into our culture as myths and legends and used to teach about morals to children and kids.

The Characters of Fables?
    The characters of fables and tales are usually animals who act and talk just like people whilst retaining their animal traits. This theme is especially appealing to children and kids.

Aesop's Fables
    Aesop's famous fables and scripts provide great entertainment for children and kids. The fables, or stories, are all very short so keep the attention of children and Aesop's fables feature familiar animals loved by children and kids.

///////////////////
    You can listen to the following three stories from the attached audio file from this link
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/14...sopsFables.rar
    The Ant and the Dove
    An ant went to the bank of a river to quench its thirst, and being carried away by the rush of the stream, was on the point of drowning. A dove sitting on a tree overhanging the water plucked a leaf and let it fall into the stream close to her. The ant climbed onto it and floated in safety to the bank. Shortly afterwards a birdcatcher came and stood under the tree, and laid his lime-twigs for the dove, which sat in the branches. The ant, perceiving his design, stung him in the foot. In pain the birdcatcher threw down the twigs, and the noise made the dove take wing.
    One good turn deserves another.

/////

The Cat and the Mice
    A certain house was overrun with mice. A cat, discovering this, made her way into it and began to catch and eat them one by one. Fearing for their lives, the mice kept themselves close in their holes. The cat was no longer able to get at them and perceived that she must tempt them forth by some device. For this purpose she jumped upon a peg, and suspending herself from it, pretended to be dead. One of the mice, peeping stealthily out, saw her and said, "Ah, my good madam, even though you should turn into a meal-bag, we will not come near you."
    He who is once deceived is doubly cautious.

/////

The Crab and the Fox
    A crab, forsaking the seashore, chose a neighboring green meadow as its feeding ground. A fox came across him, and being very hungry ate him up. Just as he was on the point of being eaten, the crab said, "I well deserve my fate, for what business had I on the land, when by my nature and habits I am only adapted for the sea?'
    Contentment with our lot is an element of happiness.

The candle has blown out , extinguished
    and darkness shrouded the whole place

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2012
    الدولة
    بجانب البحر حيث الهدوء الذي تصحبه الهيبة
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Aesop's Fables

Interesting fables
    They remember me when I was a kid
    We used to watch fables
    Thank you my teacher
    " أبي النائم في أحد القبور اسأل الله العظيم أن يجعلني احتضنك حضناً طويلاً دافئاً
    ينزع وحشة فراقك الموجعة عند باب الفردوس الأعلى يا أحد يا فرد يا صمد يا الله " .
    كفارة المجلس :
    " سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك ، اشهدُ أن لا إله إلا أنت ، استغفرك وأتوب إليك "

English Club Supervisor الصورة الرمزية ● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2005
    الدولة
    Home
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Aesop's Fables

?I was confused where I shoud start reading
    which topic I will chose first
    they all my favourite and they are amazing mashallah
    then I chose to start here

^_^
    Great stories, meaningful and full of moral lessons
    children need our attention , support and as we know they dont accept direct orders
    and here is the power of telling stories. we can teach while we are having fun

Thank you sooo much
    I enjoy reading and listening to these stories

اللهم اجعلنا نتنفس الرضـــا حبا ...حتى يشعر القلب بالأرتياح

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Everyday Expressions That Came from Aesop
    بواسطة ● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆ في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 4
    آخر مشاركة: 28-11-2014, 12:10 AM

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع