Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Please , read it intently

[align=left]Hi ,

Dear teachers ,

I have noticed that a great number of teachers commit unforgivable mistakes such as adding "s" to the verbs that come after plural subjects , using the wrong conjugation of verbs, using incorrect tenses.... etc.

Dear teachers ,

We have to be careful when writing anything because there are a lot of students in this forum. There are smart students who would judge your writings. So , try to take what I have mentioned above into consideration. The problem is not that you cannot improve your skills , the problem is that a lot of teachers do not care to read one page of any grammar book a day. Brothers and sisters, I have no intention of criticizing your English because learning and mastering English is not an easy job. I am a teacher like you and I commit mistakes because I am a human being. So , do not think that I am trying to boast or brag. Teachers, before we try to improve our skills , we should go back to basics and do a lot of tasks that have to do with English language. Do not start from top to down. Always start from down to top just like climbing a mountain. Also, do not be shy when you ask someone to teach you a simple thing because shyness will never help you out.

Dear supervisors,

Let's be cooperative and try to see members' needs. Indeed, I believe that you are trying your best to make this forum the number one in the world. But, you need to organize the forum in such a way that makes this forum live up to every member's expectations.

Brothers and sisters, my advice is as follows :

1- Read grammar books a lot.
    2- Read English articles.
    3- Write English sentences.

Finally , I hope that what I have written has appealed to you. Please, feel free to comment on what you have read. I really welcome any academic discussion.

Please, consider me a brother of yours.

Thanks in advance.[/center]
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة T.Sultan ; 12-08-2006 الساعة 07:27 PM

رحمها الله وغفر لها
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Please , read it intently

thanx alot T .Sultan

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Hamama ,

You're welcome and thank you

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية Just.4.ur.iz
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2006
    الدولة
    قلب أمي
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanx alot

أستغفر الله الذي لا إله إلا هو الحي القيوم وأتوب إليه
    عدد ماكان وعدد ما يكون وعدد الحركات والسكنات

الدعاء لها بالرحمة والمغفرة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Dear T Sultan,
    I applied an idea from tow weeks about this subject> I wrote " Let's take a subject& descuss it in English only " I got replys that we've to wait till the rest back to the site, but I don't hear from you. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Just 4 ur iz,

You're welcome

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

heblulu,

My friend,

First of all , I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you participation. Dear friend, I have searched the forum looking for your post " Let's take a subject and discuss it in English" but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, my topic is not about practising English; it is about those who do not read grammar books carefully to avoid making simple mistakes. It's also about the way the smart students ,who are in the forum , look at those teachers who use incorrect tenses , spelling and words.

Thank you

تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Dear Sir,
    You are wellcome, but the title was " HELLO " & the subject of my share was what I mentioned. Dear sir, when you descuss something by writing, you'll need to write more to clearfied you idea or point of veiw. that will show your grammer if you use it in correct way or not. From that, I sugest that idea. However, as long you mentioned the subject, they will lestin to you more.
    YOU ARE THE BOSS. AREN"T YOU???

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

[align=left]heblulu ,

No no no no ... I'm not the boss and I'll never pretend to be so ..... Would you please tell me why you call me " the boss " ????? ??

Friend, I'm afraid that you might have misunderstood me . I'm awaiting your answer ....

Thank you[/center]

تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Good evening T Sultan,
    Whenever any one of you write me a letter in Arabic, he or she forced me to pay to my nephew in order to translate what is written.
    My dear, I was kidding. We assume to call who give us such directive orders with THE BOSS. We just mean that he or she, leads us to the right way. Don,t get panic& I hope My joke wasn't THAT HEAVY.
    Thank you for that good advices& keep on give such ones. Godd pless you all.

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

heblulu ,

Thank you for your kind reply.

كبار الشخصيات الصورة الرمزية ميس
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    الدولة
    دارٌ فانية
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

My brother,,,Sultan
    You have thousand of the thanks
    it`s pleasant to swim between your words

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية enigma
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Welcome back dear brother

It gave me a lot of joy to find you here with your worth reading words

Million thanks

Wish that each and everyone of us stick to the proper grammatical rules
    عفوا ......!!

حتى صمت العالم تبدد .......!!

إلا صمتي في كل حين يتجدد .......!!

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

dear T SULTAN
    dont u think that we teachers have studied enough english grammar books? reading english grammar books is not the answer to our problem unfortunately. otherwise we could be natives judging on the amount of english grammar books we've read and studied . the only way to learn walking is by actually walk not by reading a book about walking . i think the best advise u could give it to us is to read read read any kind of book our hands can get. READERS ARE LEADERS

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

ميس ,

Your presence means a lot to me. It really adds to my topic. Thank you so much.

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

enigma ,

All I can say is "you're the backbone of the English club section. Thank you so much for your kind replies.

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

roca ,

I totally agree with you. But, learning comprises reading and practicing . Roca, a lot of teachers do read grammar books but the question is : how do they read such books ? Do they read them carefully ? I believe that reading a grammar book is not the solution but it's still essential for a good writing. Roca, there is a difference between reading for the sake of learning and reading for the sake of getting higher grades. Roca, thank you for your appreciated reply.

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Marsa42 رد: Please , read it intently

Dear Sir
    who is talking about getting higher grades.
    believe me i probably care about how a teacher writes an accurate proper piece of writing grammatically speaking. but the point sir is that most the teachers if not all of them know that they have to add an "s" to the third singular verb. they know all the rules they dont really need to know them any more than i need to know that after a fullstop comes a capital letter. what they r doing is called a mistake not and error.. and the only way to stop making mistakes is by customizing ur eyes on seeing right patterns, some good well written literature. this if we are talking about writing . speaking with no grammatical mistakes is a different matter.
    thank u 4 replying so fast that is much appreciated

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

roca ,

I do agree with you and I got the message you were trying to convey. Roca, I know for a fact that there are teachers who write perfectly but can't speak fluently. I agree to most of the points you mentioned above. But frankly speaking , I am not happy about the teachers' writings and speaking. I really want to help. To add insult to injury , a lot of them claim that the way they speak and write is perfect. They even place blame on students. I could swear that a huge number of teachers cannot write full sentences correctly. Roca, I believe you're a teacher, aren't you? What do you think of the English language teachers' linguistic background????

Roca, I know for a fact that most of the teachers know the grammatical rules only theorytically. The problem is that they do not apply them. I only wonder why they cannot apply what they've learnd. Do you have a crystal clear answer?

The following part of the reply is directed to the respectful members:

I've written about this subject just to help out. I consider every member of the forum a friend and a brother/sister of mine. So please , don't think that I am trying to insult you. Being good at language doesn't mean that you're a good teacher. The very important thing is to try to improve youreslf and learn from your own mistakes. Thank you all.
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة T.Sultan ; 17-08-2006 الساعة 10:03 PM

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

[QUOTE=T.Sultan]roca , Do you have a crystal clear answer?

that is a difficult question. there is no crystal clear answer to any question sir. i know one thing. that as long as the teacher is not engaged in a real life situations apart from classroom environment where she or he can participate in a long fruitful conversations using the language. as long as they dont write enough to maintain good spelling and usage of words . as long as they dont watch tv and listen to native speakers speak the language .as long as they dont live the language, they dont taste the language , they dont feel the language ,then u wont find an answer to ur question. if u dont identify ur self with what you say then it is meaningless.
    thank you

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

rocs,

Thank you so much. You're a wounderful member. I hope you accept me to be a friend of yours.

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية English Lover
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2005
    الدولة
    London in KSA
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanx alot

T.Sultan

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

thank you so much my friend

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Blush Anim Cl رد: Please , read it intently

thank you for thinking that. and u r most welcome

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

English lover
    oxygen444
    roca

Thank you so much. You're great people. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please, have a nice day.

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. read, read and read then answer
    بواسطة muhamedr في المنتدى منتدى تعليم اللغة الانجليزية
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 14-10-2010, 12:29 AM
  2. the nation of read do not read
    بواسطة rose rani في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 21
    آخر مشاركة: 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
  3. please please please please please???enter
    بواسطة zezo.4444 في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 10