النتائج 1 إلى 7 من 7

الموضوع: عضو جديد يحتاج المساعدة في اقرب وقت محتاجة لو سمحتوووووووووا بمسرحية Brother Sun

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

عضو جديد يحتاج المساعدة في اقرب وقت محتاجة لو سمحتوووووووووا بمسرحية Brother Sun

[align=left]السلام عليكم
    انا عضو جديد واريد منكم المساعدة العاجلة في اقرب وقت وماابي منكم كسفة
    المسرحية هي
    BROTHER SUN

A Little Play of St. Francis

Laurence Housman

PERSONS OF THE PLAY
    The Soldan

Captain of the Guard

Emirs

Councilors

A Swordsman, Soldiers, Nubian Slaves, Arab Servants, and st. Francis

Brother Illuminato

Applications regarding the amature acting rights of "Brother Sun" should be made to the Secretary, The League of Dramatistis, 84 Drayton Gardens, London, S.W. IO.

BROTHER SUN

Scene. The camp of the Saracens before Demietta, looking out eastward over the sands and lagooms.

In a large circular tent, gorgeously hung with arras of gold and scarlet, the Soldan sits enthroned on a high dais. Upon the steps to right and left, in order of rank, stand his emirs and councilors. Before the entrance are armed soldiers and around the tent-walls Nubian slaves and Arab servants. Against the pole of the tent stands the Soldan's sword-bearer. The door is wide open, revealing the red glare of an eastern day now nearing its end. Before the Soldan stands the Captain of the Guard.

SOLDAN. Two men, you say, captain? What like are they?

CAPTAIN. Beggars, Soldan, to look upon: ragged, bare-foot, and very weary.

SOLDAN. When come they?

CAPTAIN. From the camp of the Infidel – so they say.

SOLDAN. Hd they arms?

CAPTAIN. No, Soldan.

SOLDAN. How came they in?

CAPTAIN. They were in our midst before we knew. Because the hand of heaven seemed on them, our outposts had let them pass.

SOLDAN. They hand of heaven?

CAPTAIN. As being of those afflicated ones on whom Allah bids us have pity, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Madmen?

CAPITAN. Such I took them to be when first I saw them. But now, having questioned them, I am in doubt.

SOLDAN. Wherefore?

CAPITAN. Because, though their speech is sane, what they do is contrary.

SOLDAN. Ay? How?

CAPTAIN. They seem to make mock of us, Solda,; and of the peril they stand in. When I warned them of death they did but smile; when we used them roughly, they seemed grateful to us; when we put chains on them laughed and sang.

Some say they be magicians, Soldan, and would have no dealings with them.

SOLDAN. Said they for what cause they came?

CAPITAN. To bring thee peace, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Peace? Are they ambassadors?

CAPTAIN. I know not, Soldan. Their message, they said, was for thee.

SOLDAN. Well, I will see for myself. Bring them in.

[The Capitan goes, followed by his guard. The emirs and councilors show perturbation].

COUNSILLOR. O Soldan, it is forgiven if now we speak?

SOLDAN. Speak, any who will.

COUNCILLOR. Have a care, dread king! For though these men be not armed, they may have power of evil.

SOLDAN. Very like. Has not the Most High commanded us to fight evil?

COUNCILLOR. But these having no arms, Soldan, how canst though fight them?

SOLDAN. How can they fight us?

COUNCILLOR. By evil enchantments, Soldan.

SOLDAN. And have we none wiser that can withstand them? See to it. To your charge I commit me. Do ye your office, while I do mine.

COUNCILLOR. Commander of the Faithful, it shall be cone.

[One of the councilors, taking from his finger a ring, threads it upon a red cord; the cord is drawn across the front of the dais, the ring suspended upon it during the scene that follows. A sound of chains is heard, and the tread of the guard approaching. The voice of the Captain outside cries `Halt!' The Captain enters.]
    .][/center]

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    [align=left]
    CAPTAIN. The prisoners are here, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Bring them. [Francis and Brother Illuminato are brought in, and kept closely guarded at a safe and respectful distance from the Soldan's person.] Who art thou?

FRANCIS. Thy lover and servant, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Who is this with thee?

FRANCIS. He also is thy lover and servant, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Whence come ye?

FRANCIS. From the camp of thine enemy.

SOLDAN. Of whom, also, ye are?

FRANCIS. We are of the same race, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Wherefore, then, come ye here?

FRANCIS. To set thee free, O King.

SOLDAN. From whom?

FRANCIS. From fear.

SOLDAN. Fear? I fear no man.

FRANCIS. Thou bearest arms, Soldan. He that is without fear bears non.

SOLDAN. Why then, in the camp of the Christians also there is fear!

FRANCIS. Ay. Very greatly they fear thee, Soldan.

SOLDAN. They do well.

FRANCIS. They would do better if they did not fear thee.

SOLDAN. Dost not thou fear me?

FRANCIS. No, Soldan.

[This causes no little stir among the emirs and councilors. The swordsman's hand instinctively takes a better grip on his weapon, as with sidelong glance he waits the word of command.]

SOLDAN. Come! What are thou here for?

FRANCIS. To take thy chains from thee.

SOLDAN. I have no chans.

FRANCIS. O Soldan, are not these thy chains?

SOLDAN. [Grimly amused.] Ay: but thou wearest them.

FRANCIS. He that putteth chains upon others is chained also.

[A murmur of angry astonishment comes from the assembled councilor.]

AN EMIR. When is this man to die, Soldan?

SOLDAN. Not at thy bidding, emir. At mine.

COUNCILLORS. [In a fierce whisper of impatience.] Ay!

SOLDAN. Come hither! [The guard bring Francis to the foot of the dais.] I said not `bring him hither'. Stand back! [The guard fall back. The Soldan comes down from his throne, takes hold of the fetters, and weighs them in his hand.] So these are my chains that thou wearest?

FRANCIS. Very willingly, Soldan.

SOLDAN. [Sarcastically.] I thank thee . . . . Thinkest thou that I am in fear of thee?

[Francis looks from Soldan to suspended ring and back again; and there is a suspicion of amusement in his tone as he answers.

FRANCIS. I know not, Soldan.

[The Soldan snaps the thread. The ring falls. Francis stoops, picks up the ring, and hands it to the Soldan.

COUNCILLOR. Beware, Soldan!

SOLDAN. [Returning to his place.] Take from him his chains: his also. [The chains upon Francis and Brother Illuminato are struck off.] Stand away! Do not hold them! . . . . Prisoner, . . . where are my chains now?

FRANCIS. Upon thy heart, Soldan; yea, and upon thy soul. To us thou hast been gentle and gracious; but not unto thyself. For though thou givest freedom to others, to thine own self thou art yet a prisoner.

[The Soldan lays by the talisman he has been holding.

SOLDAN. And from this prison wherein I am – who shall set me free?

FRANCIS. Thou Prince of Majesty, holder of power and glory, give thyself into my hand, and I will lead thee.

SOLDAN. Whitner?

FRANCIS. To thy Lord and my Lord which died for us.

SOLDAN. My Lord, thou sayest!

FRANCIS. Ay; for the though thou see it not, His Light is already in thee. This is the Light which ligtheneth every man that cometh into the world.

SOLDAN. And thou, also, art a Christian?

FRANCIS. God knows I would I were worthy to be called so.

SOLDAN. Is the way, then, so hard?

FRANCIS. Nay; but most sweet, and easy, and comforting. And yet I stray!

[There is a pause: outside the light of day begins to fail.]

SOLDAN. How wouldst thou make me – a Christian?

FRANCIS. I would show thee Christ, Soldan. Or, if by that name thou know Him not, then by His other name which is Love, wherein also dwell Joy and Peace. This have I come – to show.

SOLDAN. Yea: speak!

FRANCIS.

Oh, hearken, for this is wonder!

Light looked down and beheld Drakness.

`Thither will I go,' said Light.

Peaace looked down and beheld War.

`Thither will I go,' said Peace.

Love looked won and beheld hatred.

`Thither will I go,' said Love.

So came Light, and shone.

So came Peace, and gave rest.

So came Love, and brought Life.

And the Word was made Flesh, and dwelt among us.

Then was He betrayed, and given up into the hands of sinful men: Light to the darkness of Death, Peace unto the pains of Hell, Love to the separation of the grave. And because the power of Evil prevailed not against Him, these henceforth He holdeth, and they are His. So out of Darkness He wrought Light, and Peace out of the pains of Hell, and out of the prison-house of Death he bringeth us Life Eternal.

SOLDAN. Knowest thou this of thyself, or did others tell it thee?

FRANCIS. O Soldan, were it not true, wouldst thou not already have salin me?

SOLDAN. I may slay thee yet, prisoner: for I have not let thee go.

FRANCIS. What I have spoken thou hast heard. How wilt thou fear me less when I am dead?

FRANCIS. O Soldan, were it not true, wouldst thou not already have slain me?

SOLDAN. I may slay thee yet, prisoner: for I have not let thee go.

FRANCIS. What I have spoken thou hast heard. How wilt thou fear me less when I am dead?

SOLDAN. I . . . fear thee?

FRANCIS. When I am dead, Soldan thou wilt remember me.

SOLDAN. Go on, prisoner. Say what thou hast to say, while yet there is time.

[It begins to get dark.]

FRANCIS. Soldan, as I came hither, there met me in the way a great army of ants – many thousands of them, all hither and thither running without rest. What was their toil whose word they obeyed, I could not tell; but they were all very full of it – in a world of their own. So I stood and looked at them; but though very plainly I saw them, they saw not me. I was nothing to them. Yet, had I so wished, I could have killed every one of them.

SOLDAN. Wherefore dost though tell me this?

FRANCIS. Because thou art a great king, Soldan, and I am in thy powr; and which of us is to die first – thou or I – we know not. But God, whom we see not, knows.

SOLDAN. Which is to die first?

FRANCIS. Ay.

SOLDAN. Knowest thou not?

FRANCIS. No, Soldan: nor dost thou. For thou art in His hands, even as I am; and He careth for both alike, having for each of us the same compassion.

SOLDAN. As thou also for the ants?

FRANCIS. Yes, Soldan. And they may have had kings among them – yet I could not tell which was their king – they being all so much alike – even as we are.

SOLDAN. [To an attendant.] Slave, bring in the lamps . . . Thou and I alike, dost thou say?

FRANCIS. In the eyes of God, Soldan; ay, and of men also. For look! – thou hast hands, and feet, and so have I : and on each hand five fingers, and to each finger three joints; and at the end are nails. So also our bodies – search as thou wilt, we are made alike. Also what thou seest, I see; and what thou hearest, I hear. In all these things we are alike, Soldan, because God has so willed who made us.

[Lights are brought in; over the Soldan's throne is set a lamp. Round the wall stand torchbearers. The outer air goes dark[/center]

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    [align=left]وبكذا انتهت المسرحية
    SOLDAN. That is true. Stand near, Brother Ant! I would look on thee, and see more of that likeness to myself whereof thou speakest . . . Ay; thou hast a face and eyes, which now see; thou hast limbs, and there is blood in them; thou hast flesh that can feel pain; and thou hast a head and a neck, even as I have. But for all we be so much alike, hast thou power to do presently what I shall do?

FRANCIS. No, Soldan. Many things thou canst do which I cannot.

SOLDAN. Whence comes that?

FRANCIS. From God, Soldan: not from thy feet, nor thy hands, nor thy head. That which a man does comes from his heart.

SOLDAN. Truly said.

FRANCIS. And thy heart and mine are two, not one. We be fellow-men, but separate; we look upon each other as strangers. But it is not so that God sees. For we see each with a difference; but He, looking within, sees we are alike.

SOLDAN. How alike?

FRANCIS. In heart we are alike, Soldan.

SOLDAN. Canst thou be sure of that?

FRANCIS. Since God made us to the same end, that we might serve Him.

SOLDAN. I serve not thy God, Christian.

FRANCIS. Many do serve Him, not knowing.

SOLDAN. Canst thou be sure of that?

FRANCIS. Since God made us to the same end, that we might serve Him.

SOLDAN. I SERVE NOT THY God, Christian!

FRANCIS. Many do serve Him, not knowing.

SOLDAN. The service which I do is – different.

FRANCIS. Many wait on thee, Soldan, whose services are different. But for each there is a place, and all labour to one end. So thou and I – serving God.

SOLDAN. What if I serve God by slaying thee?

FRANCIS. Even so as, when good servants are hasty, platters get broken. Yet if thou break this poor platter, God shall pardon thee; and thou wilt still serve Him, though how I know not.

SOLDAN. And what says the platter, when it is broken?

FRANCIS. I am willing to be broken, great king, if it make thee more careful of others. Many hast thou broken, and little good has it done thee. Peace comes not yet; and all thy breaking shall not bring it thee.

SOLDAN. Swordsman, draw! [The swordsman draws his sword, and stands ready.] Emirs, councilors, judges, servants of the prophet, ye have heard this man and what he saith. How say ye? Is he innocent or guilty?

ALL. Guilty, O king.

SOLDAN. Unto what penalty?

ALL. Death.

SOLDAN. His offence?

COUNCILLOR. Great Soldan, this man is a dog and a blasphemer. Against our holy faith he hath spoken falsely.

SOLDAN. What saith the Prophet concerning him.

COUNCILLOR. That all Infidels must perish.

SOLDAN. Even so, let it be. Swordsman, hither. Have ready thy sword. Make the prisoner to kneel down. [Francis kneels. Brother Illuminato kneels also, looking towards Francis with a face full of joy.] Brother Ant, I have heard thee. Hast thou said all thou wouldst say? . . . If not, now speak!

FRANCIS. O Soldan, while I have breath needs must I plead. For I have short life, and little wisdom, and my tongue is feeble. But He, whose messenger I am, is almighty, and infinit, and eternal; His glory is not as the glory of kings – being without end. So, if I begin to tell of it, how may I finish?

SOLDAN. [Pointing to an hour-glass beside him, the sands of which are nearly run.] A little time I yet give thee. Whelre the sands in this glass still run, speak on!

FRANCIS. [Stretching out his arms.] As the sun be the king's reign! The wisdom of God be thy rule: the love of God thy possession: the Peace of God, which passeth all understanding, be with thee, Soldan, when thou also comest to die!

SOLDAN. [To the Swordsman.] Man, put up thy sword! Loose him: and go! Take with you that other prisoner: do no harm to him. Councillors and judges, what I do now, I do of myself. Go, all of you! [They all go out. The Soldan remains seated, with Francis kneeling before him.] Brother, come hither . . . Sit near me. . . . Through all the world I have sought thee. Now, in the camp of mine enemy, I find thee! Oh, wherefore didst thou come?

FRANCIS. To be thy lover and servant, Soldan.

SOLDAN. That is well: I have great need of thee. In my service thou shalt have power, and riches, and great honour! For I will exalt thee, and make thee a ruler; also thou shalt be taught the truths of our holy faith, and become a believer.

FRANCIS. That cannot be, Soldan. Power is of God, not of kings. Serving all, I rule none, and naught have I of possessions save poverty . . . Disband thine armies, Soldan. Fight not against the living God. Sheethe thy sword, and possess thy land in peace.

SOLDAN. Peace? Who offers peace?

FRANCIS. He against who though fightest, Soldan.

SOLDAN. `Tis of thy God thou speakest? Say then: [he rises] and speak truth! If I seek Him in the camp of mine enemies – shall I find Him?

[Francis bows his head, for it is a question he dares not answer.

FRANCIS. Seek Him in thine own heart, Soldan. There shalt thou find peace.

SOLDAN. Thou hast answred well . . . And yet thou art still one of them!

FRANCIS. Ay: even as I have fought for thee, saying the same words: `Disband your armies; fight not against God; sheethe your sword; go back to your own land in peace.'

SOLDAN. And they?

FRANCIS. They were like the ants, Soldan – very full of themselves.

SOLDAN. Not heeding thee?

FRANCIS. No man can heed that which he sees not – neighter with eyes nor with heart.

SOLDAN. [With a touch of the visionary.] What, then, have I seen? . . . Nay, I know not. Yet to my ears hath come a voice.

[The torches and the torchbeares have gone; and the only light now in the tent is the lamp which burns above the dais. Soldan sits in thought; and for a while there is silence. Presently, as the voice of his reverie, Francis begins speaking.

FRANCIS. Look, Soldan, how bright in this tent shines the light! See, on walls, and roof, and armour, and jewels, how it glitters. But younder at the door stands night, and thou seest naught of it – neither the beauty, nor the spaces of heaven which lie over it, nor the stars which are contained there. Because this light as made a covering to thine eyes, therefore do the heavens look dark. [Francis has risn, and stands looking out into the night.] O Soldan, in thine own heart seek wisdom! The flame of kingship and power is brief, and short-reaching, and by a breath it is put out. And with it shall depart the honour and fear and obedience and service which men render thee. These go, but thou remainest. Then, as a sleeper, that awakens when the lamp in his chamber is quenched, sees the door (which was darkness) changed to a window of light, and with his eyes searches the night, beholding the great spaces of heaven, and the stars that are hung in it, so in that spaces of heaven, and the stars that are hung in it, so in that day shalt thou see the standing of thy soul, and the home of thy inheritance to which thou travellest. [The Soldan has risen, and coming down from the dais, he stands beside Francis.] God is great, and infinite, and full of compassion. Thou art but a little thing: yet in His hand He holdeth and loveth thee. O Soldan, in that day of thine awakening, remember me, thy little lover and servant, and pray for me.

SOLDAN. [Drawing him to the light.] Come; ay, closer; for again would I look upon thy face, and know more of thee . . . [They stand eye to eye under the lamp, silent awhile.] Well said, Brother Ant. When I come to die, I shall remember thee. [He mounts the dais, strickes a bell, and puts out the lamp. The night grows luminous without. Presently in the doorway two attendants are seen standing motionless.] There is thy road; there is thy star, and thy heaven! Go, thou art freer than I. Alas, that in my kingdom never shall I see thee again!

FRANCIS. In the Kingdom of God, brother, I pray that I shall see thee.

SOLDAN. There, when thou comest, look for me in thine own heart. If thou find me, there shall I be.

FRANCIS. Amen, Soldan. So – if God will!

SOLDAN. Take this signet, show it to the captain of the guard.

Let him give command that thou and thy companion return in safety – to the camp of mine enemy.

FRANCIS. Alas, then, for peace have I failed!

SOLDAN. Who knows! . . . Farewell, Brother Ant.

FRANCIS. Farewell, great and gracious king, brother-sevant of my Lord!

[Francis goes out, followed, at a signal from the Soldan, by the two attendants. The Soldan stands looking after him.]

Soldan: farewell, Brother Sun

{from outside comes the cry of the Muessin calling the faithful to prayer:’ There is one God, Allah, and Mahomet is his feet, stands looking toward Mecca, and prays. [/center]

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    واالمطلوب من المسرحية المكتوبة
    وهذا اللي ابية
    theme( 1وهي الفكرة التي تقوم عليها المسرحية من الاول الى الاخر وهنا في هذة المسرحية لابد من ذكر كيف شوة كاتب المسرحية صورة الاسلام والمسلمين مع الاستشهاد على ذاللك بمقاطع من المسرحية Quotations

2) plot وهي شبيهة بالثيم وهي حبكة او عقدة المسرحية او الذروة للموضوع او شرح اهم نقطة للمسرحية

3) characters وهو ذكر كل شخصية مع ذكر موجز عنها يبين دورها في المسرحية واهم صفاتها

4) Place of the play وهو المكان اللذي صارت فية احداث المسرحية

5) time of the play وهو وقت احداث المسرحية

6) Scene

7) Quotations وهو ان ناتي بمقاطع من المسرحية تدل على الفكرة الرئيسية وهي محاولة الكاتب لتشوية صورة الاسلام

واذا فية أي معلومات حابين تضيفوها

وابي اقولكم الدكتور الخاص فينا يحب الكلام الكثير والبسيط واهم من هذا القرامر صحيح

شوف المجال اللي تحس نفسك راح تبدع فية وتكتب كلام صح 100%
    اكتبي فية واترك اللي ماتعرف

اي احد يقدر تقدم مساعدة انا بانتظار ة
    ارجوكم لاتبخلو علي
    ابيها خلال 3 ايام

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    up

رحمها الله الصورة الرمزية الغزاله