تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2006
    الدولة
    Hail
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

One Of My Essays

Assalamu Alaikum.
    I am interested in writing essays in English, and i want other people to read and, appreciate and evaluate my essays. Following is one of my essays that i wrote last year.

Why People Learn English

English has spread all over the world as a universal language. Although it is not the world's first language in quantity, it has witnessed significant popularity. People learn English for several reasons the most important of which are being international, being the language of communication and being a lingua franca.

English is an international language that is spoken by most people of the world. Many leading countries like the USA, UK, Canada and Australia speak English as a first language. Also, other countries speak it as a second language such as Nigeria and Zambia. Many other countries learn English as a foreign language such as the Arab countries and many African and European countries. Thus, it is a language that is worldwide spoken.

English is the first language of communication in nearly all fields. For example, most media centers use English to contact their audience all over the world. Also, recent technologies have emerged in English. The internet is an evident example on using English in modern technology. Millions of people all over the world communicate via internet using English. As for science, English is widely used in teaching and learning sciences. Most scientists use English to introduce their scientific thoughts and approaches.

Being a lingua franca, English has become the first language of tourism. When a person thinks of going touring to a place wherever it is, he goes and enjoys his time because it has become easy for him to communicate with the locals who live in that place. This is because he will speak English which is understood for those people also.

In conclusion, no one can deny the importance of English nowadays. I don’t think that it is possible for people to live without English. This is because it is introduced in almost all aspects of our life such as communication, media, technology, science and tourism. Consequently, everyone should be ready to learn English as soon as possible.

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية enigma
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد : One Of My Essays

Dear

Your last night posted topic is back

Thanks for it

But next time please bear in mind that writing more than one topic a day is not allowed in here

It's not the quantity what we're looking for

It's the quality
    عفوا ......!!

حتى صمت العالم تبدد .......!!

إلا صمتي في كل حين يتجدد .......!!

كبار الشخصيات الصورة الرمزية Abo Lama
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2004
    الدولة
    خارج نطاق التغطية
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

alraad3

It is so obvious that this importance of the English language is the result of the power of its speakers. This view is highly supported by Pennycook (1990) in which he believes that English is now entrenched worldwide, as a result of British colonialism, international interdependence, ‘revolutions’ in technology, transport, communications and commerce, and because English is the language of USA, a major economic, political, and military force in the contemporary world (Phillipson, 1992: 24)

Unfortunately, it is all to deal with politics, therefore, other languages and other cultures may collapse.

Thank you very much dear brother for raising such an important issue

على قدر أهل العزم تأتي العزائم
    وتأتي على قدر الكريم الكرائـم
    ;;;
    وتكبر في عين الصغير صغارها
    وتصغر في عين العظيم العظائم
    ;;;

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية مــلك الحرف
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

alraad3

thank you my brother

انجليزي خبير الصورة الرمزية alraad3
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2006
    الدولة
    Hail
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thank You For Passing, Bro And Sis

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية TheSweetDesert
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

22 رد : One Of My Essays

People learn English for several reasons the most important of which are its being international, the language of communication and the lingua franca of the world
    al raad3, very good essay mashallah.. though I have some comments

look at the quoted sentence after a slight modification did by me.. it's simple yes but fundamental because it made your sentence more meaningful

When a person thinks of going touring to a place wherever it is, he goes and enjoys his time because it has become easy for him to communicate with the locals who live in that place. This is because he will speak English which is understood for those people also.
    here also, look at the number of times u've used the pronoun 'he' which you should avoid because it's masculine as u know and in ur essay u talk about both males and females

the same goes for Him and His

so what shall u say??? u can use -one- because it can refer to both males and females

al raad3, this time, I want you to make the change and I will come back inshallah and see how u applied my suggestion

good luck

it's been nice reading ur essay, thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts
    Have more than you show, tell less than you know

انجليزي خبير الصورة الرمزية alraad3
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2006
    الدولة
    Hail
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thank you dear for your corrections which i will benefit from. this is the goal of this forum and i'm going to change my mistakes of masculine and feminine. we should say a person and modify it with he or she in the following sentences. this is what i think.

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية TheSweetDesert
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Al raad3, this is correct but to use he/she is no more common

I'll give u an example about the use of- one

One must think deeply before they say anything
    I hope the idea is clear in ur mind

if u got any Q, just drop me a line

brother, please don't take offence but my eye is critical, like I can't go over a linguistic error and move on just like I didn't see it, u get me, right??
    :)

thanks for taking the time
    Have more than you show, tell less than you know

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية Try To Reach
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    الدولة
    J e d d a h
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

alraad3