مميز
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2010
    الدولة
    somewhere
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Sm121 How to Write a Poem

Aesthetically pleasing manner. Poetry comes from the heart and not the mind. Often, it is something that must be felt, for poetry without feeling is worthless!
    Do not think that poems must be about love or emotions because the subject matter is at the writers' discretion. Poetry can be about anything ranging from the sting of loves first scorn all the way to the immobile cows lolling about the cornfield. If the mind can imagine it; it can be made into a great poem.
    So, how does one turn the idea of a poem into an actual poem? Here is a short list of steps to help the budding poet on his or her journey towards creativity.
    Research the Art by Reading and Listening to Published Poetry
    While some people may have a natural talent for penning poetry or creating lyrical verse, this is not always the case. Many budding poets never reach their potential because they're too proud to do a little digging. Even writers with natural talent have done their fair share of reading and researching.
    Poetry is limitless and to properly comprehend the diversity of the poetic world one must first read and listen to different types of poetry. Not only will it help the incipient writer familiarize his or her self with poetry, it may also help them discern the styles and methods that appeal to their creative juice
    Once the writer has gathered a nice knowledge of poetry, it is time to move on to the writing process. If at a loss, perhaps imitation of preferred styles will help grease the wheels. (See, the research and reading is helping already!)
    Let Instincts Guide the Pen or Keyboard Towards Creativity
    Inspiration does not always rear its helpful head, but it is a great starting point for any novice poet. Poems can be born from something as simple as a phrase or line that's been rattling around up in the old noggin or simply from an appealing word. Once the idea is there, it's simply the poets duty to let it bloom and grow into a wonderful poem.
    If the inspiration bug hasn't decided to bite, perhaps start with an interesting subject or event. Make a list of words or phrases associated with the chosen topic and then find a way to link them all together with vibrant language, imagery and colorful descriptions.
    Be honest while writing poetry, do not be afraid to let true emotions and/or feelings show because poetry is all about expression!
    Give the Poem Purpose
    Deciding on a subject or topic is only half the battle. The writer must also choose a target audience and a direction for the poem to go in. If the poem is about love, will it describe an elicit love affair, the rush of an innocent lust, the pain of losing love? Every good poem needs direction.
    Do Not Edit Until After the Poem Has Been Created
    This may be the most important tip on writing poetry: DO NOT CENSOR DURING THE WRITING PROCESS! Poetry is intimate, personal and free, censorship negates the process. So, once the words start flowing, don't let them stop until the thought is complete.
    If the poem was supposed to follow certain rules of verse, go back and shape them accordingly. If not, re-read the poem and make changes after the initial poem has been written. The editing process may take some time. It is rare for a poem to be perfect the first time around. So, let it sit for a while and then go back to it. Take out words or phrases that don't work and replace them with words or phrases that are better suited to the poem. Break up the lines and re-arrange them on the page until the poem is complete.
    Put the Poem Out There and Learn From the Feedback
    Finally, put the poem out there, let others read and comment on it. Criticism, while sometimes painful, is a wonderful learning tool. Take what other's say into consideration and then forge ahead on the journey to becoming a wonderful poet.
    This guide, of course, is only a starting point for people interested in poetry. There are many other factors that figure into the art of poetry, but they shouldn't be addressed until the writer has the basics under control. So, start experimenting and building towards becoming an accomplished poet.

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: How to Write a Poem

Thank you teacher

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية Petunia
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Poetry comes from the heart and not the mind

^
    ^

that's right i did it once when i decided to write a simple poem when i used my mind but i didn't find it effectual coz i didn't use my heart feelings inside

really thank you our teacher Anwar

Here and there

مميز
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2010
    الدولة
    somewhere
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thankz dear brothers and sisters

مميز الصورة الرمزية RAIN SONG
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2008
    الدولة
    my kids' heart
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thanx 4 this information
    From now I wil try 2 write a poem

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Phrasal Verbs: Write it Down: Everyone write down the homework, please!
    بواسطة thisisnotgramma في المنتدى منتدى تعليم اللغة الانجليزية
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 03-01-2014, 08:00 AM
  2. my first attempt to write a poem for my fience
    بواسطة motyri في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 7
    آخر مشاركة: 08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
  3. Write your name withEgyptian hieroglyphic
    بواسطة HaMs في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 6
    آخر مشاركة: 01-09-2005, 03:09 PM

المفضلات