انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Two poems

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته..
    كيفكم اخواني ،،أخواتي؟؟؟؟....
    اللي يعرف في الشعر الانجليزي أبي شرح وترجمة بعض القصائد ويكون متضمن ...
    1)ال (form) <<شكل القصيده
    2)paraphrase<<الشرح..
    3)figures of speech<<الصور الخياليه والتشبيهات..
    4)rhythm<<الايقاع..
    والقصائد هي...
    *Meeting at Night
    By Robert Browning

The gray sea and the long black land;
    And the yellow half-moon large and low;
    And the startled little waves that leap
    In fiery ringlets from their sleep,
    As I gain the cove with pushing prow,
    And quench its speed i' the slushy sand.

Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach;
    Three fields to cross till a farm appears;
    A tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch
    And blue spurt of a lighted match,
    And a voice less loud, through its joys and fears,
    Than the two hearts beating each to each

*2)

The Guitarist Tunes Up
    By Frances Cornford

With what attentive courtesy he bent
    Over his instrument;
    Not as a lordly conquerer who could
    Command both wire and wood,
    But as a man with a loved woman might,
    Inquiring with delight
    What slight essential things she had to say
    Before they started, he and she, to play

3)When my love swears that she is made of truth

By Shakespeare

When my love swears that she is made of truth
    I do believe her, though I know she lies,
    That she might think me some untutor'd youth,
    Unlearned in the world's false subtleties.
    Thus vainly thinking that she thinks me young,
    Although she knows my days are past the best,
    Simply I credit her false-speaking tongue:
    On both sides thus is simple truth suppress'd.
    But wherefore says she not she is unjust?
    And wherefore say not I that I am old?
    O, love's best habit is in seeming trust,
    And age in love loves not to have years told:
    Therefore I lie with her and she with me

And in our faults by lies we flatter'd be

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2010
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: أرجو المساعده ولكم جزيل الشكر

*Meeting at Night :

على حافة الأرض السوداء الممتدة يستلقي البحر رماديا
    أصفر كبير ذاك الهلال القريب
    أمواج صغيرة تتسلل مذعورة
    و جدائلها الملتهبة تصحو من نومها
    و أنا أمخر عباب الخور بصدر سفينة+
    لا يطفئ غليل اندفاعها
    سوى شاطئ بَرود+
    يلوح الشاطئ معطرا برائحة بحرية+

أعبر ثلاث حقول قبل ان يتراءى بستانها
    نقرة على حافة شباكها .......أزيزا حادا ينبعث
    و لمعة زرقاء من اشتعال ثقاب
    بصوت خافت يقطر فرحا و وجلا
    وقلب يخفق لي و أخفق له

يقفل البحر راجعا إلى رأس المفاجآت+
    تطل الشمس الذهبية على ذرا الجبال
    تتضح معالم الطريق
    تقودني لعالم الرجال مرة ثانية+

form :
    The form of “Meeting at Night” is a lyric; Browning expresses his feelings in this poem which is obviously love or being in love.+

paraphrase:+
    The speaker sails across a small portion of the ocean, reaches a cove, crosses a beach, then three fields. Finally, he reaches a farm house and has an encounter with the woman he loves.
    Stanza 1 :+Lines 1-2
    The grey sea and the long black land;
    And the yellow half-moon large and low;
    The poem opens with a description of the landscape: a "grey sea," "long black land," and a "half-moon" that is either rising or setting (it is "low" on the horizon).
    There are no verbs in these first two lines, so we don't know what the land is doing; it is just there.
    "Black land" and the presence of the moon inform us that it is nighttime (hence the title "Meeting at Night").

Lines 3-4
    And the startled little waves that leap
    In fiery ringlets from their sleep,
    The speaker continues describing the features of the landscape; there are "little waves" that, strangely, resemble "fiery ringlets."
    We already know that the speaker is near the ocean, but this description of the waves suggests that maybe the speaker is in a boat.
    The "fiery ringlets" of line 3 contrast with the images of darkness we have already encountered ("black land," the moon, and the "night" of the title).

Lines 5-6
    As I gain the cove with pushing prow,
    And quench its speed i' the slushy sand.
    Finally, someone is doing something in the poem! We learn that the speaker is sailing. He reaches ("gains") the "cove" (a kind of recess or sheltered space on the coast of an ocean).
    The descriptions in lines 1-4 refer to the scene the speaker observes while sailing.
    "Quench its speed" is strange, in part because we don't know what "its" refers to. It seems likely that "its" refers to the boat the speaker is sailing.
    "Quench" means to extinguish or stop (like quenching your thirst by drinking Gatorade), so "quench its speed" means to "stop" the boat on the shore, "i[n] the slushy sand."

Stanza 2:+Lines 7-8
    Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach;
    Three fields to cross till a farm appears;
    The speaker has disembarked from his boat, and must now walk a mile on the beach, and then across three fields.
    The line "a mile of warm sea-scented beach" is kind of strange; the speaker never says he must cross it, but line 8 implies that that is exactly what he is doing.
    "A mile of sea-scented beach" seems to be a dangling or static piece of scenery, as if it weren't doing anything, just like the first four lines of the poem.
    Its not clear if the farm is the speaker's destination or not, but it seems likely that it is.
    Notice how the farm "appears" after a somewhat strenuous journey (across the sea, across the beach, across three fields). It almost seems magical.

Lines 9-10
    A tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch
    And blue spurt of a lighted match,
    Apparently the farm is the speaker's destination because now someone (most likely the speaker – why would the person inside the house do the tapping?) is "tapping" at the windowpane.
    Someone appears to respond to the tap by lighting a match (the "quick sharp scratch" refers to the sound of lighting a match).
    Notice that these lines, like a number of others in the poem, possess a certain static quality; instead of saying "there was a tap at the pane," or something to that effect, the speaker simply says "a tap at the pane."

Lines 11-12
    And a voice less loud, thro' its joys and fears,
    Than the two hearts beating each to each.
    After the "tap at the pane" and the lighting of the match, a voice speaks. Based on what we know of such "meetings at night" (from fairy tales and the like), it seems possible that the voice is that of the woman in the house.
    The voice is less loud than the hearts of the two lovers. That sounds kind of strange (we don't usually think of heartbeats as something so loud we can hear), but it suggests that the two lovers are so excited that their hearts beat louder than a human voice.

figures of speech:
    The author uses an alliteration, especially consonance in the poem. The repetition of the sound /l/ in the line 3 ‘…startled little waves that leap’ is associated with the rowing of the narrator at night, the sounds/∫/, /s/, /t∫/ +in the line 6 ‘…quench its speed in the slushy sand’ associate the sudden stop of the boat in the sandy beach.
    In the second stanza, the author used the sounds /t/ and /p/ in the line 9 ‘A tap at the pane…’ to suggest that the tapping is careful and silent…

rhythm:
    ABCCBA , ABCCBA

+شوي وارسل الباقي ..
    <3
    want to go back to the time
    When drinking meant chocolate milk
    When dad was the only hero
    When love was mom's hug
    When dad's shoulder was the highest place on the earth
    When goodbyes only meant till tomorrow
    And when apple and blackberry were just fruits
    <3
    اللهم اشرح لي صدري وسهل علي جُلًّ امري

http://www.formspring.me/HighClassLady

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

لو سمحتو إلي عندة إجابة عن هذة الأسئلة يعطني ضروري ولكم جزيل الشكر
    which words are stressed and which are reduced : a- i will help my mother in the kitchen.
    b- there is a man on the door .
    c- i will be in my office in a hour .

d- i will give you the help you need أريدها الآن ضروري

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

A014 رد: أرجو المساعده ولكم جزيل الشكر

أريد تعبير عن the importance of learning english عشرة أسطر فقط
    [

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2010
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مرحبا رقا؛
    اتوقع هذي تبع سي دي او ديسك تسمعينه و و تحددين الكلمات اللي فيها سترس واللي مافيها..
    +
    وهذا التعبير :
    ++ + + No one denies the importance of English language in the present time as international language. It is clear that the English language has become more dominant around the world. In some countries it use as the mother tongue and ,other countries learn it as second language in their schools. This +makes English widespread. In addition, it is used for communication between people around the world, as well as, it is language of modern times. On other hand , English is the language of science and technology. +Actually ,+we need it in different fields of life .
    ++ + +English language has become easier to learn more than ever before with the availability of many sources to help people learn very easily. Such as the Internet, books and educational institutes which spread around the world.

<3
    When love was mom's hug
    <3

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2010
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

*The Guitarist Tunes Up :

عازف الغيتار يدوزن آلته

بكل اهتمام و تهذيب يعكف على آلته الموسيقية

ليس كقائد مظفر يملك زمام البرق و الخشب+

( بمعنى الأشياء العظيمة و الأشياء البسيطة )

و لكن بقوة رجل عاشق

يتساءل بكل سرور :

ماهي تلك الأشياء الدقيقة الأساسية التي عليها أن تتفوه بها+

( الشاعرة تقصد الآلة الموسيقية )+

قبل أن يبدأ - هو و هي - بالمناورة ( العزف )+

form :
    It is free verse octave-form poem.+

Frances Cornford wrote “The Guitarist Tunes Up” as a poem with a double meaning, comparing the relationship of a guitarist and a guitar but also a man and woman. Therefore, this piece makes denotation/connotation and imagery, are essential to emphasizing the ways in which a “lordly conqueror” shares power with and cares for his lady, like he would for his own instrument.

Because society was and continues to be based off patriarchal principles, it was likely for the man to take power and hold restraints for a woman in a relationship. The way the guitarist comes before his “instrument” with “attentive courtesy” connotes that a man is asking to control his woman, rather than demanding. The significance of “bent over his instrument” still implies that he is looking to her condescendingly, as opposed to equally. However, the reader knows that he is simply treating her with kindness, and that the guitarist is not against controlling her as a “conqueror.” Because the connotation of +some words in the first few lines of the poem suggest a double meaning to the guitar, the reader is invited to determine exactly how the speaker feels when in a relationship with a loved one/object.

Throughout the next few lines, Cornford begins to use imagery, describing the way the guitar looks and the way he is tuning it, commanding the “wire and wood” with delight. Although there are different perspectives in man-to-woman relationships, the poet signifies that his attitude towards a woman is superior but still considerate. Because of this, the reader can imagine the man/guitarist handling their lady/guitar with gentle strums playing all the right notes.

The woman and guitar, playing the central objects in this piece, shared a responsibility with the man. The last line, “he and she, to play,” also has a double meaning. This can mean that the guitar is played in harmony because the guitarist tuned it up correctly, causing for a mutual understanding between them. As for the man and lady, “play” can connote to mean sexual activity for the same reason – the lady felt that she would be appreciated and treated correctly by this loving and caring man.

figures of speech:
    +"The Guitarist Tunes Up" by Frances Cornford is simple, yet full of meaning and imagery. The guitar is personified to be a woman and the musician is a man in love, "a man with a loved woman." In the poem the guitarist pays close attention to his guitar while tuning it, "inquiring with delight what slight essential things she had to say."
    The most striking part of the poem is that it doesn't say that the musician plays the guitar; instead the poet writes that "he and she" play together. It's not just the musician that makes the music, the instrument takes part in the process also. By personifying the guitar as a woman, the author is pointing out the partnership that exists between a man and a woman, a musician and his guitar.
    +" هذا بس اللي لقيته ألقصيده هذي ،،، و بخصوص الفيقر أوف سبيتش للقصيده الاولى اللي حطيتهم لك الديفايسز ، مالقيتهم يمكن انتي تلقينهم +:) "

rhythm:
    http://docs.docstoc.com/pdf/7932644/...a17131c438.pdf
    ماقدرت انسخ الكلام اللي فيه .. أدخلوه بتلقين الـ +rhythm وأشياء ثانيه برضو ...+

<3
    When love was mom's hug
    <3

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Grife days

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

أريد أفلام تعلم اللغة الإنجليزية

شخصية بارزة
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2010
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

* When my love swears that she is made of truth:
    +عندما تقسم حبيبتي .. إنها مخلصة جداً لىّ

فإني أثق.. أصدقها ، و لو أني أعرف أنها كاذبة

فهى تعتقد أني ساذج لهذه الدرجة

و نسيت أني أ فطن لكل حيل العالم المستخفية

وإعتقدت بتفكيرها الأحمق أني ما زلت صغيراً

رغم علمها بأني جاوزت أجمل سني العمر.

و ببساطة فأنا أ صدق كلماتها المعسولة الكاذبة

فمن كلا الناحيتين تُطمس الحقيقة ،+

فهل لهذا السبب لا تعترفين بأنك غير مخلصة ؟

وهل لهذا السبب أيضاً لا أعترف بأني عجوز ؟

فخير ثياب الحب إنما يتجلى في الثقة ،

و عمر الحب لا يقاس بالسنين ..+

فحبيبتي تكذب في أ قوالها ، و بالتالى أنا أكذب عليها ،+

هكذا ترضي الأكاذيب غرورنا في غمرة أخطائنا .+

form :
    Sonnet.+

Sonnet 138 immediately struck a chord with me the first time I read it. I was sick of happy love poems that seemed to do nothing but praise the girl's beauty; I longed to read sonnets that are darker, more complicated and perhaps morbid. So I was surprised that the author of "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day" wrote a sonnet describing a complex and difficult relationship: a mutual relationship based on lies. It did not take me long to discover that there's more to 138 than just a fascinating theme - it was a treasure trove of puns, figurative language, allusions, paradoxes and other such subtleties.

The sonnet began with a seemingly paradoxical situation: the author's mistress swears that she's faithful and truthful, and the author states that he believes her even though he knows she lies. Pretty emphatic and defining words are used here, the girl insisting that she is not just telling the truth, but "made of truth", and the author stressing that "I do believe her." His reason for believing in her lies is so that she would think that he's an ignorant and immature young man, thus hiding his real age. The author vainly hopes she thinks him attractive, but alas, his efforts are in vain- she already knows that he is old. He gives her credit and approval for her lies, but he is also regretful that the "simple truth" is "suppressed." Dejectedly he poses two rhetorical questions (that he would answer himself): Why doesn't she confess that she is dishonest? And why don't I admit that I am old? The best cloak that love wears is the appearance of trust, and old lovers don't like having their age exposed. I hear bitterness and weariness in the author's words - perhaps he really had seen too much of the "world's false subtleties." The last two lines - the couplet - wrap up with a melancholic yet witty pun: "Therefore I lie with her and she with me, and in our faults by lies we flattered be." The word "lie" has two meanings: telling untruths and sleeping with a person. Notice the preposition in "lie with", the author is sleeping and making love with her, and telling lies with her together, as opposed to telling lies to her. This act of deceiving together ultimately brings them onto the same side, and all the pronouns "she", "her", "I", "my" finally come together in the last sentence to become "we." They are contented and flattered by their own faults and deception. It's a beautiful conclusion, both a symphony of the contradicting, clashing feelings of the author and a resolution to their mutual relationship.

Shakespeare skilfully weaved colourful puns into this poem. Besides the most obvious pun on the word "lie", there are numerous other examples that displayed Shakespeare's literary brilliance: "Made of truth" is not just simply truthful but a pun on "maid of truth" which is a true virgin. "Vainly" can mean "with vanity" or "in vain" (as explained above). And "habit" can mean a customary practise or a piece of clothing. The meaning of the sentence ("love's best habit is in seeming trust") varies directly: it can mean that it is common for lovers to adapt the pretence of trust, or that the best disguise and clothes for love is the covering appearance of trust. By the usage of puns Shakespeare made one poem into several poems, several layers deep.

My favourite aspect of this sonnet, however, was the duality of the key words. If you read closely, you would discover that some words appear twice throughout the sonnet. The words repeated were "truth", "lies", "love", "best", "wherefore", "think", and "know." There were no thesauruses in the Elizabethan Period, but Shakespeare was famed for his usage of a wide variety of words and even the creation of a few, so it was no mistake that he used each of these key words twice. This sonnet emphasized on the nature of duality of the author and his love. They lie, they pretend; they lie to each other, they lie to themselves. They think and hope that the other thinks they are not lying, but deep down in their hearts they know the other person knows that they are. Shakespeare calls to attention this complex level of duality by applying duality to his key words.

The poem manages to stay interesting and diversifying by having a caesura (pause)--in line 12 "and age in love, loves not to have years told", alliterations - "On both sides thus is simple truth suppressed" (repetition of the s-sound), and assonances - "though I know she lies" (though and know). A sonnet is not just a piece of literature to be annotated and analysed for deeper meanings, it is a piece of verbal performance art that is meant to be pleasing to the ear.

Sonnet 138 is crafted carefully. Everywhere from its complex theme to its literary splendour and verbal brilliance oozes sophistication, skill and depth. It's a wonder for me that Shakespeare managed to pack so much wisdom and insight into a mere 14 lines.

figures of speech :
    In line ( 1 ).+There is a Rhetorical Question .
    In line ( 5 ).+There is a Metaphor .
    In line ( 5+6 )
    ++ + + + + + + + + +There is a Personification .
    ++ + + + + + + + + + ( eye of Heaven shines ) : Eye of heaven = the sun +
    ++ + + + + + + + + + The sun became dark because dark of clouds .
    In Line ( 7 ).+There is an Epigram . ++
    In Line (9+10+12 ).+There is a Hyperbole .
    In Line ( 11 ). There is a personification .
    In Line ( 14 ).+There is an Inverted order .
    +
    rhythm:
    ABABCDCDEFEFGG

<3
    When love was mom's hug
    <3

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

PRΛDΛ
    >>>ربي يسعدك ياقلبي وينور لك طريقك بالخير..
    ويحقق لك كل أمنياتك ....بوركت يمينك؟؟؟
    مشكوووره ويعطيييك العااااافيه...
    وربي عاجزه عن شكرك ..
    تقديري واحترامي ,وأبشري بالدعوات الحلوه مني ومن كل الطالبات في القسم...
    ودي ,,,[]Grief days[]

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

جوزيتي خيراً حبيبتي prada

سبقتيني ربي يحفظك

انجليزي جديد